Jump to Main Content
- Manzano, R.; Peñalosa, J. M.; Esteban, E.
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2014 v.225 no.2 pp. 1874
- Arrhenatherum elatius subsp. bulbosum; Festuca; arsenic; biomass; calcium carbonate; ferrous sulfate; heavy metals; indigenous species; plant growth; planting; pollutants; pulp and paper sludge; soil; solubility; solubilization
- ... Several amendments were tested for their effectiveness in aiding plant growth and immobilising contaminants in pots containing soil from an arsenopyrite mine contaminated with arsenic and heavy metals and planted with two native grass species, Arrhenatherum elatius subsp. Bulbosum and Festuca curvifolia. Trace element solubility in pore water was monitored using Rhizon samplers for 5 weeks. Result ...
- Bonanno, Giuseppe
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2014 v.225 no.2 pp. 1852
- Ricinus communis; aluminum; arsenic; atmosphere; biofuels; cadmium; castor oil; chromium; fruits; lead; leaves; manganese; nickel; pollutants; urban areas; zinc; Italy
- ... Leaves and fruits of Ricinus communis (castor oil plant) were studied as potential biomonitors of atmospheric pollution in urban areas. The concentrations of Al, As, Cd, Cr, Cu, Hg, Mn, Ni, Pb, and Zn were analyzed in samples collected in the city of Catania (Italy) and compared with a pristine area. This study showed that the fruits of R. communis act as better biomonitors of element concentratio ...