Jump to Main Content
- Narimannejad, S.; Zhang, B.; Lye, L.
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2019 v.230 no.2 pp. 47
- adsorption; biosurfactants; cobalt; kinetics; micelles; pH; remediation; rhamnolipids; saline soils; surfactin; trehalose
- ... Cobalt (Co) adsorption onto saline soil was investigated in this study. The effect of pH, interaction time, and initial concentration of Co on adsorption were evaluated empirically to screen the appropriate operating conditions. Three biosurfactant products (i.e., surfactin, trehalose lipids, rhamnolipid) each at two concentrations (1 and 2 critical micelle concentrations (CMCs)) were applied duri ...
- Sarmah, Susmita; Saikia, Jitu; Phukan, Ankana; Goswamee, Rajib Lochan
- Water, air, and soil pollution 2019 v.230 no.2 pp. 32
- X-ray diffraction; adsorbents; adsorption; aluminum; arsenates; arsenic; arsenites; cement; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; groundwater; husk ash; kinetics; models; neoplasms; pH; paddies; particle size; scanning electron microscopy; sludge; sorption isotherms; zeta potential
- ... Arsenic (As) is considered as one of the most hazardous elements found in the groundwater. It is present in water in both arsenate (As(V)) and arsenite (As(III)) forms. On exposure for a considerable length of time to water having As concentration above the maximum permissible limit of 10 μg/L, there is a serious threat of developing various health problems including cancer. There is frequent repo ...