Jump to Main Content
- Jarvis, Peter; Autin, Olivier; Goslan, Emma H.; Hassard, Francis
- Water 2019 v.11 no.9
- public water supply, etc ; Cryptosporidium; United States Environmental Protection Agency; bacteriophages; disinfection; drinking water; drinking water treatment; lamps; light emitting diodes; mercury; prediction; water quality; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Ultraviolet light-emitting diodes (UV-LEDs) have recently emerged as a viable technology for water disinfection. However, the performance of the technology in full-scale drinking-water treatment systems remains poorly characterised. Furthermore, current UV disinfection standards and protocols have been developed specifically for conventional mercury UV systems and so do not necessarily provide an ...
- Stigler Granados, Paula; Hildenbrand, Zacariah L.; Mata, Claudia; Habib, Sabrina; Martin, Misty; Carlton, Doug; Santos, Inês C.; Schug, Kevin A.; Fulton, Lawrence
- Water 2019 v.11 no.8
- public water supply, etc ; attitudes and opinions; cooking; descriptive studies; drinking; drinking water; health status; neoplasms; odds ratio; oils; volunteers; water analysis; water quality; wells; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The expansion of unconventional oil and gas development (UD) across the US continues to be at the center of debates regarding safety to health and the environment. This descriptive study evaluated the water quality of private water wells in the Eagle Ford Shale as well as community members’ perceptions of their water. Community members (n = 75) were surveyed about their health status and per ...