Jump to Main Content
- Shray Pathak; Chandra Shekhar Prasad Ojha; Chris Zevenbergen; Rahul Dev Garg
- Water 2017 v.9 no.9 pp. -
- climate change; decision making; entropy; expert opinion; freshwater; geographic information systems; land use change; principal component analysis; screening; socioeconomics; stormwater; urban areas; water harvesting; water resources; watersheds; Australia; India
- ... Conservation of water is essential as climate change coupled with land use changes influence the distribution of water availability. Stormwater harvesting (SWH) is a widely used conservation measure, which reduces pressure on fresh water resources. However, determining the availability of stormwater and identifying the suitable sites for SWH require consideration of various socio-economic and tech ...
- Weilin Liu; Lina Liu; Fang Tong
- Water 2017 v.9 no.4 pp. -
- decision making; entropy; least squares; neural networks; resource allocation; support vector machines; water allocation; water resources; watersheds; China
- ... There is an increasing trend in the use of multi-objective evolutionary algorithms (MOEAs) to solve multi-objective optimization problems of the allocation of water resources. However, typically the outcome is a set of Pareto optimal solutions which make up a trade-off surface between the objective functions. For decision makers to choose a satisfactory alternative from a set of Pareto-optimal sol ...