Jump to Main Content
- Shray Pathak; Chandra Shekhar Prasad Ojha; Chris Zevenbergen; Rahul Dev Garg
- Water 2017 v.9 no.9 pp. -
- climate change; decision making; entropy; expert opinion; freshwater; geographic information systems; land use change; principal component analysis; screening; socioeconomics; stormwater; urban areas; water harvesting; water resources; watersheds; Australia; India
- ... Conservation of water is essential as climate change coupled with land use changes influence the distribution of water availability. Stormwater harvesting (SWH) is a widely used conservation measure, which reduces pressure on fresh water resources. However, determining the availability of stormwater and identifying the suitable sites for SWH require consideration of various socio-economic and tech ...
- Maria João Feio; Robert M. Hughes; Marcos Callisto; Susan J. Nichols; Oghenekaro N. Odume; Bernardo R. Quintella; Mathias Kuemmerlen; Francisca C. Aguiar; Salomé F.P. Almeida; Perla Alonso-EguíaLis; Francis O. Arimoro; Fiona J. Dyer; Jon S. Harding; Sukhwan Jang; Philip R. Kaufmann; Samhee Lee; Jianhua Li; Diego R. Macedo; Ana Mendes; Norman Mercado-Silva; Wendy Monk; Keigo Nakamura; George G. Ndiritu; Ralph Ogden; Michael Peat; Trefor B. Reynoldson; Blanca Rios-Touma; Pedro Segurado; Adam G. Yates
- Water 2021 v.13 no.3 pp. -
- European Union; Japan; Singapore; biodiversity; biological assessment; citizen science; decision making; ecosystems; environmental DNA; environmental monitoring; fauna; fish; flora; life history; riparian vegetation; rivers; stakeholders; surface water; water quality; watersheds; Australia; Brazil; Canada; Chile; China; Eastern Africa; Europe; Gambia; India; Malaysia; Mexico; New Zealand; Northern European region; South Africa; South Korea; Thailand; Vietnam
- ... The biological assessment of rivers i.e., their assessment through use of aquatic assemblages, integrates the effects of multiple-stressors on these systems over time and is essential to evaluate ecosystem condition and establish recovery measures. It has been undertaken in many countries since the 1990s, but not globally. And where national or multi-national monitoring networks have gathered larg ...