Jump to Main Content
- Shray Pathak; Chandra Shekhar Prasad Ojha; Chris Zevenbergen; Rahul Dev Garg
- Water 2017 v.9 no.9 pp. -
- climate change; decision making; entropy; expert opinion; freshwater; geographic information systems; land use change; principal component analysis; screening; socioeconomics; stormwater; urban areas; water harvesting; water resources; watersheds; Australia; India
- ... Conservation of water is essential as climate change coupled with land use changes influence the distribution of water availability. Stormwater harvesting (SWH) is a widely used conservation measure, which reduces pressure on fresh water resources. However, determining the availability of stormwater and identifying the suitable sites for SWH require consideration of various socio-economic and tech ...
- Aparna Bera; Gowhar Meraj; Shruti Kanga; Majid Farooq; Suraj Kumar Singh; Netrananda Sahu; Pankaj Kumar
- Water 2022 v.14 no.5 pp. -
- climate; climate change; decision making; estuaries; geostatistics; livelihood; people; risk; risk assessment; storms; variance; water; India
- ... Inhabitants of low-lying islands face increased threats due to climate change as a result of their higher exposure and lesser adaptive capacity. Sagar Island, the largest inhabited estuarine island of Sundarbans, is experiencing severe coastal erosion, frequent cyclones, flooding, storm surges, and breaching of embankments, resulting in land, livelihood, and property loss, and the displacement of ...