Jump to Main Content
- Al-Batsh, Nibal; Al-Khatib, Issam A.; Ghannam, Subha; Anayah, Fathi; Jodeh, Shehdeh; Hanbali, Ghadir; Khalaf, Bayan; van der Valk, Michael
- Water 2019 v.11 no.3
- West Bank, etc ; World Health Organization; alkalinity; ammonium; case studies; chlorides; coliform bacteria; drinking; females; guidelines; households; nitrates; pH; public water supply; questionnaires; rain; rural communities; salinity; socioeconomics; surface area; temperature; total dissolved solids; turbidity; water hardness; water harvesting; watersheds; Palestine; Show all 27 Subjects
- ... Yatta is a town located nine kilometers south of Hebron city in the West Bank of Palestine. The town houses over 100,000 people of which 49% are females and has a population that doubles every 15 years. Yatta has been connected to a water network since 1974 serving nearly 85% of its households. The water network is old and inadequate to meet the needs of the population. Water supply made available ...
- Jebreen, Hassan; Banning, Andre; Wohnlich, Stefan; Niedermayr, Andrea; Ghanem, Marwan; Wisotzky, Frank
- Water 2018 v.10 no.12
- West Bank, etc ; aquifers; barium; calcite; calcium; calcium carbonate; chromium; cluster analysis; dolomite; feldspar; geochemistry; groundwater; hydrochemistry; inorganic carbon; karsts; magnesium; manganese; quartz; rocks; strontium; watersheds; zinc; zirconium; Palestine; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... This work reports, for the first time, the mineralogical and geochemical characteristics of karst aquifers in the Central West Bank (CWB) catchment in Palestine. It provides an integrated study approach by correlating the geochemistry of the lithology and hydrochemical data of groundwater samples. Mineralogical analysis showed that all of the samples were dominantly composed of either calcite CaCO ...