Jump to Main Content
- Mansour, Majdi; Peach, Denis; Robins, Nick; Hughes, Andrew
- Water 2019 v.11 no.2
- West Bank, etc ; aquifers; field experimentation; highlands; karsts; monitoring; rain; semiarid zones; simulation models; watersheds; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The Wadi Natuf catchment is situated to the west of the Palestinian capital city of Ramallah which is in the West Bank. The catchment has been instrumented since 2003 to identify and examine recharge processes in semi-arid upland karst terrain, in which both direct and indirect recharge are important. The key recharge processes are direct rainfall recharge, and indirect recharge via wadis includin ...
- Jebreen, Hassan; Banning, Andre; Wohnlich, Stefan; Niedermayr, Andrea; Ghanem, Marwan; Wisotzky, Frank
- Water 2018 v.10 no.12
- West Bank, etc ; aquifers; barium; calcite; calcium; calcium carbonate; chromium; cluster analysis; dolomite; feldspar; geochemistry; groundwater; hydrochemistry; inorganic carbon; karsts; magnesium; manganese; quartz; rocks; strontium; watersheds; zinc; zirconium; Palestine; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... This work reports, for the first time, the mineralogical and geochemical characteristics of karst aquifers in the Central West Bank (CWB) catchment in Palestine. It provides an integrated study approach by correlating the geochemistry of the lithology and hydrochemical data of groundwater samples. Mineralogical analysis showed that all of the samples were dominantly composed of either calcite CaCO ...