Jump to Main Content
- Cervantes-Avilés, Pabel; Huang, Yuxiong; Keller, Arturo A.
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 188-198
- atomic absorption spectrometry; bioaccumulation; ecotoxicology; monitoring; nanosilver; silver; standard deviation; ultrafiltration; uncertainty; wastewater; wastewater treatment; California
- ... While the predicted or observed concentrations of Ag NPs in wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) have ranged from μg/L to ng/L, there is still uncertainty with regards to the realistic concentration range of Ag NPs in WWTPs. In addition, the persistence, removal, and size of Ag NPs throughout WWTP process is also not well investigated, particularly in real operating conditions. In this study, the i ...
- O'Connor, Meghan; Helal, Samantha R.; Latch, Douglas E.; Arnold, William A.
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 23-33
- absorption; effluents; energy; hydrochemistry; molecular weight; organic matter; rivers; singlet oxygen; wastewater; wastewater treatment; Arizona; California; Minnesota
- ... The organic matter present in wastewater effluents (EfOM), is likely to have different properties than the organic matter present in the receiving water. The properties of EfOM will affect the fate of contaminants of emerging concern because EfOM is a source of photochemically produced reactive intermediates (PPRIs) capable of transforming contaminants. Effluent water samples were taken seasonally ...