Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Wei; Cheng, Jian-Hua; Xian, Qing-Song; Cui, Jun-Fang; Tang, Xiang-Yu; Wang, Gen-Xu
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 252-263
- agricultural land; agricultural wastes; agricultural watersheds; aquifers; calcium carbonate; carbon; cations; colloids; dry season; groundwater; heavy metals; hydrochemistry; magnesium; mineral content; monitoring; organic matter; pH; pesticides; rain; regression analysis; soil; stable isotopes; structural equation modeling; temporal variation; water temperature; wells; wet season
- ... Field-scale studies of natural colloid mobilization and transport in finely fractured aquifer as well as the source identification of groundwater colloids are of great importance to the safety of shallow groundwater. In this study, the daily monitoring of fracture flow from a sloping farmland plot and the biweekly monitoring of three lowland shallow wells within the same catchment were carried out ...
- Ateia, Mohamed; Erdem, Cagri Utku; Ersan, Mahmut Selim; Ceccato, Marcel; Karanfil, Tanju
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 168-178
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; activated carbon; bromides; bromination; bromine; byproducts; cytotoxicity; disinfection; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; groundwater; haloacetic acids; iodides; organic matter; scanning electron microscopy; silver chloride; surface water; water treatment
- ... The removal of bromide (Br−) and iodide (I−) from source waters mitigates the formation of brominated and iodinated disinfection by-products (DBPs), which are more toxic than their chlorinated analogues. In this study, we report on our recently developed environmental-friendly method for the preparation of novel silver chloride/superfine activated carbon composite (AgCl-SPAC) to rapidly and select ...