Jump to Main Content
- Jiang, Yanjun; Goodwill, Joseph E.; Tobiason, John E.; Reckhow, David A.
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 110-124
- bromination; bromine; byproducts; chlorination; chlorine; chloropicrin; disinfection; haloacetic acids; iodine; organic matter; oxidants; ozone; water quality
- ... This study investigated the effects of ferrate and ozone pre-oxidation on disinfection byproduct (DBP) formation from subsequent chlorination or chloramination. Two natural waters were treated at bench-scale under various scenarios (chlorine, chloramine, each with ferrate pre-oxidation, and each with pre-ozonation). The formation of brominated and iodinated DBPs in fortified natural waters was ass ...
- Ateia, Mohamed; Erdem, Cagri Utku; Ersan, Mahmut Selim; Ceccato, Marcel; Karanfil, Tanju
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 168-178
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; activated carbon; bromides; bromination; bromine; byproducts; cytotoxicity; disinfection; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; groundwater; haloacetic acids; iodides; organic matter; scanning electron microscopy; silver chloride; surface water; water treatment
- ... The removal of bromide (Br−) and iodide (I−) from source waters mitigates the formation of brominated and iodinated disinfection by-products (DBPs), which are more toxic than their chlorinated analogues. In this study, we report on our recently developed environmental-friendly method for the preparation of novel silver chloride/superfine activated carbon composite (AgCl-SPAC) to rapidly and select ...