Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Wei; Cheng, Jian-Hua; Xian, Qing-Song; Cui, Jun-Fang; Tang, Xiang-Yu; Wang, Gen-Xu
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 252-263
- agricultural land; agricultural wastes; agricultural watersheds; aquifers; calcium carbonate; carbon; cations; colloids; dry season; groundwater; heavy metals; hydrochemistry; magnesium; mineral content; monitoring; organic matter; pH; pesticides; rain; regression analysis; soil; stable isotopes; structural equation modeling; temporal variation; water temperature; wells; wet season
- ... Field-scale studies of natural colloid mobilization and transport in finely fractured aquifer as well as the source identification of groundwater colloids are of great importance to the safety of shallow groundwater. In this study, the daily monitoring of fracture flow from a sloping farmland plot and the biweekly monitoring of three lowland shallow wells within the same catchment were carried out ...
- O'Connor, Meghan; Helal, Samantha R.; Latch, Douglas E.; Arnold, William A.
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 23-33
- absorption; effluents; energy; hydrochemistry; molecular weight; organic matter; rivers; singlet oxygen; wastewater; wastewater treatment; Arizona; California; Minnesota
- ... The organic matter present in wastewater effluents (EfOM), is likely to have different properties than the organic matter present in the receiving water. The properties of EfOM will affect the fate of contaminants of emerging concern because EfOM is a source of photochemically produced reactive intermediates (PPRIs) capable of transforming contaminants. Effluent water samples were taken seasonally ...