Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Ting; Zhou, Huimin; Graham, Nigel; Yu, Wenzheng; Sun, Kening
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 425-433
- cellulose acetate; cross-linking reagents; drinking water treatment; fouling; hydrophilicity; kaolin; lakes; nanosheets; organic matter; polyacrylamide; porosity; river water; surface water; ultrafiltration; water purification
- ... Membrane separation technology is an important option for the treatment of contaminated surface waters but the relatively high cost of materials and membrane fabrication represent a significant obstacle to the wider use of membrane processes. In this study, we describe the development and testing of a new kind of membrane made from two-dimensional (2D) kaolin nanosheets. The fabrication involved a ...
- Ateia, Mohamed; Erdem, Cagri Utku; Ersan, Mahmut Selim; Ceccato, Marcel; Karanfil, Tanju
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 168-178
- X-ray diffraction; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; activated carbon; bromides; bromination; bromine; byproducts; cytotoxicity; disinfection; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; groundwater; haloacetic acids; iodides; organic matter; scanning electron microscopy; silver chloride; surface water; water treatment
- ... The removal of bromide (Br−) and iodide (I−) from source waters mitigates the formation of brominated and iodinated disinfection by-products (DBPs), which are more toxic than their chlorinated analogues. In this study, we report on our recently developed environmental-friendly method for the preparation of novel silver chloride/superfine activated carbon composite (AgCl-SPAC) to rapidly and select ...