Jump to Main Content
- Zhi, Shuai; Banting, Graham; Stothard, Paul; Ashbolt, Nicholas J.; Checkley, Sylvia; Meyer, Kelsey; Otto, Simon; Neumann, Norman F.
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 208-222
- DNA repair; antibiotic resistance; biomarkers; enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli; genes; geographical distribution; heat; oxidative stress; pathotypes; phylogeny; single nucleotide polymorphism; statistical analysis; stress response; uropathogenic Escherichia coli; virulence; wastewater; wastewater treatment; Canada; Switzerland; United States
- ... We previously demonstrated the existence of naturalized strains of E. coli in wastewater and herein perform an in-depth comparative whole genome analysis of these strains (n = 17). Fourteen of the Canadian E. coli strains, isolated from geographically separated wastewater treatment plants, were virtually identical at the core genome and were ≥96% similar at the whole genome level, suggesting clona ...
- Guo, Ning; Ma, Xiaofang; Ren, Shaojie; Wang, Shuguang; Wang, Yunkun
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 199-207
- Acidovorax; Comamonas; Flavobacterium; Shewanella; Thauera; anaerobic treatment; antibiotic resistance; antibiotics; bacteria; bioreactors; chloramphenicol; community structure; electric potential difference; electrical treatment; genes; methane production; methanogens; microbial communities; persistent organic pollutants; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... The anaerobic process is a favorable alternative for the treatment of antibiotic pharmaceutical wastewater. The electrically assisted anaerobic process can be used to accelerate contaminant removal, especially for persistent organic pollutants such as antibiotics. In this study, an electrically assisted anaerobic system for chloramphenicol (CAP) wastewater treatment was developed. The system perfo ...