Jump to Main Content
- Cervantes-Avilés, Pabel; Huang, Yuxiong; Keller, Arturo A.
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 188-198
- atomic absorption spectrometry; bioaccumulation; ecotoxicology; monitoring; nanosilver; silver; standard deviation; ultrafiltration; uncertainty; wastewater; wastewater treatment; California
- ... While the predicted or observed concentrations of Ag NPs in wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) have ranged from μg/L to ng/L, there is still uncertainty with regards to the realistic concentration range of Ag NPs in WWTPs. In addition, the persistence, removal, and size of Ag NPs throughout WWTP process is also not well investigated, particularly in real operating conditions. In this study, the i ...
- Wang, Xiaoxuan; Hu, Jingping; Chen, Qin; Zhang, Peng; Wu, Longsheng; Li, Jianfeng; Liu, Bingchuan; Xiao, Keke; Liang, Sha; Huang, Long; Hou, Huijie; Yang, Jiakuan
- Water research 2019 v.156 pp. 125-135
- 2,4,6-trichlorophenol; Geobacter; Pseudomonas; bioaccumulation; bioanodes; biofilm; carbon; chlorine; coatings; microbial communities; microbial fuel cells; phenol; photocatalysis; pollutants; sewage; toxicity; wastewater treatment
- ... A microbial fuel cell system with intimately coupled photocatalytic-electrogenic anode (photocatalytic-MFC) was proposed for the synergetic degradation of 2,4,6-trichlorophenol (2,4,6-TCP) which has a structure of three chlorine groups connecting to a phenol ring and is well recognized as a recalcitrant pollutant for its high toxicity, bioaccumulation and persistence. The photocatalytic-electrogen ...