Jump to Main Content
- Cheng, Haijun, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Water research 2018 v.147 pp. 321-330
- arsenates; arsenic; benzoquinones; breeding; dominant species; industry; livestock; meat; nanoparticles; oxidation; pH; parasites; pigmentation; reaction kinetics; reaction mechanisms; roxarsone; water treatment
- ... Roxarsone (ROX) is used in breeding industry to prevent infection by parasites, stimulate livestock growth and improve pigmentation of livestock meat. After being released into environment, ROX could be bio-degraded with the formation of carcinogenic inorganic arsenic (As) species. Here, ferrate oxidation of ROX was reported, in which we studied total-As removal, determined reaction kinetics, iden ...
- Cheng, Haijun, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Water research 2018 v.145 pp. 12-20
- Escherichia coli; alginates; antimicrobial properties; bovine serum albumin; cell membranes; coagulation; coatings; electrolytes; electrophoresis; flow cytometry; fulvic acids; hardness; humic acids; light scattering; nanoparticles; nanosilver; risk; rivers; silver; sulfides; toxicity
- ... Natural organic matter (NOM) ubiquitously exists in natural waters and would adsorb onto the particle surface. Previous studies showed that NOM would alleviate the toxicity of nanomaterials, while the mechanism is seldom quantitatively interpreted. Herein, the effects of humic substances [Suwannee River fulvic acid (SRFA) and Suwannee River humic acid (SRHA)] and biomacromolecules [alginate and bo ...