Jump to Main Content
- Di Bonito, P.; Iaconelli, M.; Gheit, T.; Tommasino, M.; Della Libera, S.; Bonadonna, L.; La Rosa, G.
- Water research 2017 v.123 pp. 549-555
- Polyomaviridae, etc ; Mouse mammary tumor virus; Papillomaviridae; humans; neoplasms; oncogenic viruses; pathogens; rivers; screening; sewage; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Recent studies documented the detection of viruses strongly associated with human cancer in urban sewages and other water environments worldwide. The aim of this study was to estimate the occurrence of human oncogenic viruses in environmental samples (sewage, river, marine, and pool/spa water) using highly sensitive and specific multiplex bead-based assays (Luminex technology). A total of 33 sampl ...
- O'Brien, Evan; Munir, Mariya; Marsh, Terence; Heran, Marc; Lesage, Geoffroy; Tarabara, Volodymyr V.; Xagoraraki, Irene
- Water research 2017 v.111 pp. 338-345
- Polyomaviridae, etc ; Adenoviridae; Caudovirales; DNA; Parvoviridae; activated sludge; bacteriophages; bioreactors; disinfection; effluents; humans; vertebrate viruses; wastewater; wastewater treatment; France; Michigan; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... This study assesses diversity of DNA viruses in the effluents of two membrane bioreactor (MBR) wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs): an MBR in the United States and an MBR in France. Viral diversity of these effluents is compared to that of a conventional activated sludge WWTP in the U.S. Diversity analysis indicates Herpesvirales to be the most abundant order of potentially pathogenic human DNA vi ...