Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Meng; Yang, Han; Ergas, Sarina J.; van der Steen, Peter
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 38-48
- aeration; ammonia; anaerobic digestion; bacteria; biomass; carbon; dissolved oxygen; hybrids; microalgae; mixing; nitrification; nitrites; nitrogen; nitrogen content; oxygen; photophase; photosynthesis; pig manure; scotophase; sludge; streams
- ... Removal of nitrogen from anaerobically digested swine manure centrate was investigated in a photo-sequencing batch reactor (PSBR) with alternating light and dark periods. Microalgal photosynthesis was shown to provide enough oxygen for complete nitritation during the light period. With addition of an organic carbon source during the dark period, the reactor removed over 90% total nitrogen (TN) wit ...
- Hao, Xiaodi; Liu, Ranbin; Huang, Xin
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 424-431
- anaerobic digestion; buildings; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; electricity; energy balance; heat pumps; models; sludge; solar collectors; tanks; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water pollution; China
- ... Carbon neutrality is starting to become a hot topic for wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) all over the world, and carbon neutral operations have emerged in some WWTPs. Although China is still struggling to control its water pollution, carbon neutrality will definitely become a top priority for WWTPs in the near future. In this review, the potential for operating carbon neutral WWTPs in China is ...