Jump to Main Content
- Larsen, Tove A.
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 513-521
- anaerobic ammonium oxidation; carbon dioxide; chemical oxygen demand; climate; electricity; energy efficiency; energy resources; greenhouse gas emissions; heat; methane; nitrous oxide; nutrients; sludge; temperature; urine; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... CO2-neutral wastewater treatment plants can be obtained by improving the recovery of internal wastewater energy resources (COD, nutrients, energy) and reducing energy demand as well as direct emissions of the greenhouse gases N2O and CH4. Climate-friendly wastewater management also includes the management of the heat resource, which is most efficiently recovered at the household level, and robust ...
- Cai, Chen; Hu, Shihu; Guo, Jianhua; Shi, Ying; Xie, Guo-Jun; Yuan, Zhiguo
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 211-217
- anaerobic ammonium oxidation; biofilm; biogas; coculture; denitrification; methane; nitrate reduction; nitrifying bacteria; nitrites; nitrogen; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... Methane in biogas has been proposed to be an electron donor to facilitate complete nitrogen removal using denitrifying anaerobic methane oxidizing (DAMO) microorganisms in an anaerobic ammonium oxidation (anammox) reactor, by reducing the nitrate produced. However, the slow growth and the low activity of DAMO microorganisms cast a serious doubt about the practical usefulness of such a process. In ...