Jump to Main Content
- Cui, Li; Chen, Pengyu; Zhang, Bifeng; Zhang, Dayi; Li, Junyi; Martin, Francis L.; Zhang, Kaisong
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 282-291
- DNA; Raman spectroscopy; bacterial adhesion; biochemical polymorphism; biofilm; biofouling; cleaning; nanofiltration; polysaccharides; sodium dodecyl sulfate; surfactants; wastewater; water reuse
- ... Periodic chemical cleaning is an essential step to maintain nanofiltration (NF) membrane performance and mitigate biofouling, a major impediment in high-quality water reclamation from wastewater effluent. To target the important issue of how to clean and control biofouling more efficiently, this study developed surface-enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS) as a layer-by-layer tool to interrogate the ...
- Cai, Chen; Hu, Shihu; Guo, Jianhua; Shi, Ying; Xie, Guo-Jun; Yuan, Zhiguo
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 211-217
- anaerobic ammonium oxidation; biofilm; biogas; coculture; denitrification; methane; nitrate reduction; nitrifying bacteria; nitrites; nitrogen; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... Methane in biogas has been proposed to be an electron donor to facilitate complete nitrogen removal using denitrifying anaerobic methane oxidizing (DAMO) microorganisms in an anaerobic ammonium oxidation (anammox) reactor, by reducing the nitrate produced. However, the slow growth and the low activity of DAMO microorganisms cast a serious doubt about the practical usefulness of such a process. In ...