Jump to Main Content
- Pretel, R.; Shoener, B.D.; Ferrer, J.; Guest, J.S.
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 531-541
- biogas; bioreactors; carbon; computer software; design for environment; energy; energy recovery; land application; landfills; life cycle assessment; life cycle costing; methane; models; recycling; sludge; temperature; uncertainty analysis; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... Anaerobic membrane bioreactors (AnMBRs) enable energy recovery from wastewater while simultaneously achieving high levels of treatment. The objective of this study was to elucidate how detailed design and operational decisions of submerged AnMBRs influence the technological, environmental, and economic sustainability of the system across its life cycle. Specific design and operational decisions ev ...
- Cai, Chen; Hu, Shihu; Guo, Jianhua; Shi, Ying; Xie, Guo-Jun; Yuan, Zhiguo
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 211-217
- anaerobic ammonium oxidation; biofilm; biogas; coculture; denitrification; methane; nitrate reduction; nitrifying bacteria; nitrites; nitrogen; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... Methane in biogas has been proposed to be an electron donor to facilitate complete nitrogen removal using denitrifying anaerobic methane oxidizing (DAMO) microorganisms in an anaerobic ammonium oxidation (anammox) reactor, by reducing the nitrate produced. However, the slow growth and the low activity of DAMO microorganisms cast a serious doubt about the practical usefulness of such a process. In ...