Jump to Main Content
- Judd, Simon; van den Broeke, Leo J.P.; Shurair, Mohamed; Kuti, Yussuf; Znad, Hussein
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 356-366
- absorption; biomass; bioreactors; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; light intensity; mass transfer; microalgae; nutrients; pH; pollutants; process control; remediation; stoichiometry; temperature; wastewater
- ... The recent literature pertaining to the application of algal photobioreactors (PBRs) to both carbon dioxide mitigation and nutrient abatement is reviewed and the reported data analysed. The review appraises the influence of key system parameters on performance with reference to (a) the absorption and biological fixation of CO2 from gaseous effluent streams, and (b) the removal of nutrients from wa ...
- Pretel, R.; Shoener, B.D.; Ferrer, J.; Guest, J.S.
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 531-541
- biogas; bioreactors; carbon; computer software; design for environment; energy; energy recovery; land application; landfills; life cycle assessment; life cycle costing; methane; models; recycling; sludge; temperature; uncertainty analysis; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... Anaerobic membrane bioreactors (AnMBRs) enable energy recovery from wastewater while simultaneously achieving high levels of treatment. The objective of this study was to elucidate how detailed design and operational decisions of submerged AnMBRs influence the technological, environmental, and economic sustainability of the system across its life cycle. Specific design and operational decisions ev ...