Jump to Main Content
- Judd, Simon; van den Broeke, Leo J.P.; Shurair, Mohamed; Kuti, Yussuf; Znad, Hussein
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 356-366
- absorption; biomass; bioreactors; carbon; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; light intensity; mass transfer; microalgae; nutrients; pH; pollutants; process control; remediation; stoichiometry; temperature; wastewater
- ... The recent literature pertaining to the application of algal photobioreactors (PBRs) to both carbon dioxide mitigation and nutrient abatement is reviewed and the reported data analysed. The review appraises the influence of key system parameters on performance with reference to (a) the absorption and biological fixation of CO2 from gaseous effluent streams, and (b) the removal of nutrients from wa ...
- Larsen, Tove A.
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 513-521
- anaerobic ammonium oxidation; carbon dioxide; chemical oxygen demand; climate; electricity; energy efficiency; energy resources; greenhouse gas emissions; heat; methane; nitrous oxide; nutrients; sludge; temperature; urine; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... CO2-neutral wastewater treatment plants can be obtained by improving the recovery of internal wastewater energy resources (COD, nutrients, energy) and reducing energy demand as well as direct emissions of the greenhouse gases N2O and CH4. Climate-friendly wastewater management also includes the management of the heat resource, which is most efficiently recovered at the household level, and robust ...