Jump to Main Content
- Park, Jason B.K.; Craggs, Rupert J.; Shilton, Andy N.
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 97-104
- Pediastrum; algae; bacteria; biomass production; culture media; gravity; growth chambers; ponds; recycling; summer; wastewater; wastewater treatment; New Zealand
- ... Recycling a portion of gravity harvested algae (i.e. algae and associated bacteria biomass) has been shown to improve both algal biomass productivity and harvest efficiency by maintaining the dominance of a rapidly-settleable colonial alga, Pediastrum boryanum in both pilot-scale wastewater treatment High Rate Algal Ponds (HRAP) and outdoor mesocosms. While algal recycling did not change the relat ...
- Pretel, R.; Shoener, B.D.; Ferrer, J.; Guest, J.S.
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 531-541
- biogas; bioreactors; carbon; computer software; design for environment; energy; energy recovery; land application; landfills; life cycle assessment; life cycle costing; methane; models; recycling; sludge; temperature; uncertainty analysis; wastewater; wastewater treatment
- ... Anaerobic membrane bioreactors (AnMBRs) enable energy recovery from wastewater while simultaneously achieving high levels of treatment. The objective of this study was to elucidate how detailed design and operational decisions of submerged AnMBRs influence the technological, environmental, and economic sustainability of the system across its life cycle. Specific design and operational decisions ev ...