Jump to Main Content
- Xiaodi Hao; Ranbin Liu; Xin Huang
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 424-431
- anaerobic digestion; buildings; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; electricity; energy balance; heat pumps; models; sludge; solar collectors; tanks; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water pollution; China
- ... Carbon neutrality is starting to become a hot topic for wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) all over the world, and carbon neutral operations have emerged in some WWTPs. Although China is still struggling to control its water pollution, carbon neutrality will definitely become a top priority for WWTPs in the near future. In this review, the potential for operating carbon neutral WWTPs in China is ...
- Jin Qian; Rulong Liu; Li Wei; Hui Lu; Guang-Hao Chen
- Water research 2015 v.80 pp. 189-199
- bacteria; bacterial communities; biological treatment; chemical oxygen demand; denitrification; energy; flue gas desulfurization; freshwater; methane; nitrates; nitrification; nitrites; nitrogen; pH; seawater; sewage; sludge; sulfates; sulfides; sulfur; thiosulfates; wastewater treatment; China
- ... A sulfur cycle-based wastewater treatment process, namely the Sulfate reduction, Autotrophic denitrification and Nitrification Integrated process (SANI® process) has been recently developed for organics and nitrogen removal with 90% sludge minimization and 35% energy reduction in the biological treatment of saline sewage from seawater toilet flushing practice in Hong Kong. In this study, sulfate- ...