Jump to Main Content
- Beck, Sara E.; Wright, Harold B.; Hargy, Thomas M.; Larason, Thomas C.; Linden, Karl G.
- Water research 2015 v.70 pp. 27-37
- Cryptosporidium parvum, etc ; Bacillus pumilus; bacteria; coliphages; disinfection; dose response; monitoring; pathogens; prediction; spores; ultraviolet radiation; wastewater; wavelengths; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Ultraviolet (UV) reactors used for disinfecting water and wastewater must be validated and monitored over time. The validation process requires understanding the photochemical properties of the pathogens of concern and the challenge microorganisms used to represent them. Specifically for polychromatic UV systems, the organisms' dose responses to UV light and their sensitivity across the UV spectru ...
- Carvajal, Guido; Roser, David J.; Sisson, Scott A.; Keegan, Alexandra; Khan, Stuart J.
- Water research 2015 v.85 pp. 304-315
- Cryptosporidium parvum, etc ; Bayesian theory; Clostridium perfringens; Enterococcus; Escherichia coli; Giardia lamblia; activated sludge; algorithms; bacteriophages; biological treatment; coliform bacteria; data collection; models; monitoring; pathogens; prediction; risk management; turbidity; wastewater treatment; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... Risk management for wastewater treatment and reuse have led to growing interest in understanding and optimising pathogen reduction during biological treatment processes. However, modelling pathogen reduction is often limited by poor characterization of the relationships between variables and incomplete knowledge of removal mechanisms. The aim of this paper was to assess the applicability of Bayesi ...