Jump to Main Content
- Xiaodi Hao; Ranbin Liu; Xin Huang
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 424-431
- anaerobic digestion; buildings; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; electricity; energy balance; heat pumps; models; sludge; solar collectors; tanks; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water pollution; China
- ... Carbon neutrality is starting to become a hot topic for wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) all over the world, and carbon neutral operations have emerged in some WWTPs. Although China is still struggling to control its water pollution, carbon neutrality will definitely become a top priority for WWTPs in the near future. In this review, the potential for operating carbon neutral WWTPs in China is ...
- Tianjiao Guo; James D. Englehardt
- Water research 2015 v.75 pp. 146-163
- algorithms; buildings; capital; chemical oxygen demand; detection limit; drinking water; energy; energy costs; hormones; landscapes; models; nutrients; rural areas; rural housing; suburban areas; systems engineering; wastewater; water reuse
- ... Scaling of direct potable water reuse (DPR) systems involves tradeoffs of treatment facility economy-of-scale, versus cost and energy of conveyance including energy for upgradient distribution of treated water, and retention of wastewater thermal energy. In this study, a generalized model of the cost of DPR as a function of treatment plant scale, assuming futuristic, optimized conveyance networks, ...