Jump to Main Content
- Hao, Xiaodi; Liu, Ranbin; Huang, Xin
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 424-431
- anaerobic digestion; buildings; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; electricity; energy balance; heat pumps; models; sludge; solar collectors; tanks; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water pollution; China
- ... Carbon neutrality is starting to become a hot topic for wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) all over the world, and carbon neutral operations have emerged in some WWTPs. Although China is still struggling to control its water pollution, carbon neutrality will definitely become a top priority for WWTPs in the near future. In this review, the potential for operating carbon neutral WWTPs in China is ...
- Jimenez, Jose; Miller, Mark; Bott, Charles; Murthy, Sudhir; De Clippeleir, Haydee; Wett, Bernhard
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 476-482
- activated sludge; biomass; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; dissolved oxygen; energy balance; mineralization; oxidation; polymers; processing technology; streams; wastewater
- ... The high-rate activated sludge (HRAS) process is a technology suitable for the removal and redirection of organics from wastewater to energy generating processes in an efficient manner. A HRAS pilot plant was operated under controlled conditions resulting in concentrating the influent particulate, colloidal, and soluble COD to a waste solids stream with minimal energy input by maximizing sludge pr ...