Jump to Main Content
- Schaffer, Mario, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Water research 2015 v.74 pp. 110-121
- aquifers; beta-adrenergic antagonists; biodegradability; cations; composts; denitrification; dissolved organic carbon; hydrophobicity; pollutants; redox potential; soil; sorption; sulfamethoxazole; wastewater treatment; water reuse
- ... Soil aquifer treatment is widely applied to improve the quality of treated wastewater in its reuse as alternative source of water. To gain a deeper understanding of the fate of thereby introduced organic micropollutants, the attenuation of 28 compounds was investigated in column experiments using two large scale column systems in duplicate. The influence of increasing proportions of solid organic ...
- Schaffer, Mario, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Water research 2012 v.46 no.17 pp. 5472-5482
- aquifers; beta-adrenergic antagonists; calcium; cation exchange; hydrophobicity; pH; prediction; sediments; sorption
- ... The influence of cation exchange processes on the transport behavior of the cationic β-blockers atenolol and metoprolol was investigated by applying saturated laboratory column experiments. Breakthrough curves using natural sediments under different competitive conditions were generated and resulting sorption coefficients were compared. For the cationic species of atenolol (at pH = 8), the existen ...