Jump to Main Content
- Cheng, Haijun, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Water research 2019 v.159 pp. 454-463
- X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; adsorption; bismuth; calcium; calcium nitrate; cations; coagulation; fulvic acids; light scattering; manganese oxides; nanoparticles; neutralization; oxidation; remediation; rivers; sodium nitrate; sulfites; water treatment; zeta potential
- ... Aqueous aggregation kinetics of manganese oxides, the solid products formed during water treatment and subsurface remediation with permanganate, are crucial for its application. In this study, manganese oxides nanoparticles were in situ formed in a permanganate/(bi)sulfite system, which was found to have excellent oxidation ability. Aggregation kinetics of such manganese oxides (i.e., MnOx-1.5, Mn ...
- Cheng, Haijun, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Water research 2018 v.147 pp. 321-330
- arsenates; arsenic; benzoquinones; breeding; dominant species; industry; livestock; meat; nanoparticles; oxidation; pH; parasites; pigmentation; reaction kinetics; reaction mechanisms; roxarsone; water treatment
- ... Roxarsone (ROX) is used in breeding industry to prevent infection by parasites, stimulate livestock growth and improve pigmentation of livestock meat. After being released into environment, ROX could be bio-degraded with the formation of carcinogenic inorganic arsenic (As) species. Here, ferrate oxidation of ROX was reported, in which we studied total-As removal, determined reaction kinetics, iden ...