Jump to Main Content
- Duirk, Stephen E., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Water research 2013 v.47 pp. 579-587
- benzophenone; chlorine; chloroform; filters; models; pH; stoichiometry
- ... The transformation of two benzophenone UV filters (Oxybenzone and Dioxybenzone) was examined over the pH range 6–11 in the presence of excess aqueous chlorine. Under these conditions, both UV filters were rapidly transformed by aqueous chlorine just above circumneutral pH while transformation rates were significantly lower near the extremes of the pH range investigated. Observed first-order rate c ...
- Duirk, Stephen E., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Water research 2010 v.44 no.3 pp. 761-768
- water pollution; organophosphorus pesticides; pollutants; chemical reactions; drinking water; chemical degradation; amines; simulation models; diazinon; chlorpyrifos; malathion; hypochlorites; reaction kinetics; reaction chemistry; oxidation; acid hydrolysis; pH; hydrolysis