Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Chengzhi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Water research 2016
- antibiotics; brackish water; chlorides; environmental assessment; environmental fate; estuaries; free radicals; ionic strength; ions; marine environment; oxidation; photolysis; pollutants; risk; risk assessment; seawater; sulfamethoxazole; sulfapyridine
- ... The occurrence of sulfonamide antibiotics (SAs) in estuarine waters urges insights into their environmental fate for ecological risk assessment. Although many studies focused on the photochemical behavior of SAs, yet the effects of halide ions relevant to estuarine and marine environments on their photodegradation have been poorly understood. Here, we investigated the effects of halide ions on the ...
- Zhou, Chengzhi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Water research 2018 v.144 pp. 365-372
- absorption; antibiotics; coastal water; freshwater lakes; irradiation; mariculture; photobleaching; photolysis; pollutants; ponds; rivers; seawater; solar radiation; surface water
- ... Mariculture activities and river inputs lead to coastal seawaters with DOM levels that are comparable to or even higher than those in terrestrial water bodies. However, effects of seawater DOM, and especially of DOM occurring in areas impacted by mariculture, on photodegradation of organic micropollutants, are largely unknown. In this study, simulated sunlight irradiation experiments were performe ...