Jump to Main Content
- Cabrera-Codony, Alba, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Water research 2018 v.144 pp. 402-412
- activated carbon; adsorption; drugs; effluents; municipal wastewater; organic matter; oxygen; physicochemical properties; texture; wastewater treatment
- ... The removal efficiency of 6 micro-grain AC (μGAC) was examined for 23 selected pharmaceutical compounds, usually found at trace level in municipal wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) effluents. Two different sets of experiments were carried out using distilled water and a real WWTP secondary effluent in order to understand the adsorption mechanisms of pharmaceuticals, including the role of the prese ...
- Reina, Alejandro Cabrera, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Water research 2018 v.128 pp. 61-70
- absorption; aqueous solutions; collectors; effluents; humic acids; imipenem; ions; light intensity; lighting; liquid chromatography; meropenem; municipal wastewater; nitrates; pH; photolysis; river water; solar radiation; spectral analysis; spectroscopy; wastewater treatment
- ... This paper deals with the photochemical fate of two representative carbapenem antibiotics, namely imipenem and meropenem, in aqueous solutions under solar radiation. The analytical method employed for the determination of the target compounds in various aqueous matrices, such as ultrapure water, municipal wastewater treatment plant effluents, and river water, at environmentally relevant concentrat ...