Jump to Main Content
- Qiao, Sen, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Water research 2019 v.151 pp. 54-63
- activated sludge; anodes; carbon nanotubes; cleaning; electrochemistry; filtration; fouling; membrane bioreactors; microbial communities; oxidation; water quality
- ... A novel electro-assisted membrane bioreactor (EMBR) was constructed by integrating conductive carbon nanotubes hollow fiber membranes (CNTs-HFMs) into an aerobic activated sludge system. Herein, the CNTs-HFMs served as anode and filtration core simultaneously. Contrasted with the other two MBRs (PVDF-HFMs and CNTs-HFMs without electro-assistance), the effluent COD and NH4+N were lower than 40 mg/L ...
- Qiao, Sen, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Water research 2017 v.123 pp. 206-215
- Methanobacterium; Methanosaeta; Methanosarcina; anaerobic digesters; anaerobic digestion; anaerobiosis; community development; manganese; manganese dioxide; methane; methane production; methanogens; microbial communities; nanoparticles; oxidation; sludge
- ... Recently, the influence of metal oxide nanoparticles (NPs) on methanogenesis in anaerobic digestion has drawn much attention, however, the changes in NPs and functioning consortia within the methanogenic community are usually not investigated. Therefore, the methanogenesis performance, NPs transformation and methanogenic community development in anaerobic digester sludge under MnO2 NP supplementat ...