Jump to Main Content
- Sekiguchi, Yuji, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Water research 2012 v.46 no.7 pp. 2167-2175
- Smithella; Syntrophobacter; bacteria; methanogens; monitoring; ribosomal RNA; wastewater treatment
- ... Quantitative monitoring method of two important trophic groups of bacteria in methanogenic communities was established and applied to six different anaerobic processes. The method we employed was based upon our previous sequence-specific rRNA cleavage method that allows quantification of rRNA of target groups so that the populations reflecting in situ activity could be determined. We constructed a ...
- Sekiguchi, Yuji, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Water research 2012 v.46 no.1 pp. 187-194
- Cryptosporidium; correlation; cost effectiveness; equipment; fluorescence; microorganisms; oocysts; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal RNA; river water
- ... We describe an assay for simple and cost-effective quantification of Cryptosporidium oocysts in water samples using a recently developed quantification method named alternately binding probe competitive PCR (ABC-PCR). The assay is based on the detection of 18S rRNA specific for Cryptosporidium oocysts. The standard curve of the ABC-PCR assay had a good fitting to a rectangular hyperbola with a cor ...