Jump to Main Content
- Skerlos, Steven J., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Water research 2017 v.112 pp. 19-28
- ammonia; anaerobic digestion; cost effectiveness; energy recovery; lipid composition; nitrogen; organic wastes; prediction
- ... Anaerobic codigestion allows for greater resource recovery from organic substrates and provides opportunities for more stable operation than mono-digestion. Despite these benefits, the adoption of codigestion is limited because it can introduce operational complexity and suffers from some of the same challenges as mono-digestion, such as ammonia inhibition and nutrient imbalances. There is a need ...
- Skerlos, Steven J., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Water research 2013 v.47 pp. 1655-1665
- biochemical oxygen demand; biogas; bioreactors; chemical oxygen demand; cold; compliance; control methods; fouling; genes; methane; microbial communities; microfiltration; ribosomal RNA; sequence analysis; solubility; temperature; wastewater; United States
- ... A bench-scale anaerobic membrane bioreactor (AnMBR) equipped with submerged flat-sheet microfiltration membranes was operated at psychrophilic temperature (15 °C) treating simulated and actual domestic wastewater (DWW). Chemical oxygen demand (COD) removal during simulated DWW operation averaged 92 ± 5% corresponding to an average permeate COD of 36 ± 21 mg/L. Dissolved methane in the permeate str ...