Jump to Main Content
- Mushtaq, Shahbaz
- Water resources management 2012 v.26 no.11 pp. 3285-3300
- food security, etc ; case studies; climate change; collective action; computer software; crop production; economic development; farmers; irrigation systems; local government; population growth; socioeconomic factors; water conservation; watersheds; China; Yangtze River; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Evidence is presented on synergies due to the sequencing and packaging of water reforms based on a review of case studies from the Zhanghe Irrigation System (ZIS) in the Yangtze River basin in China. Faced with strategic challenges of economic growth, food security, population growth, and climate change, China has implemented numerous hardware and software interventions in the water sector to incr ...
- Sonneveld, B. G. J. S.; Keyzer, M. A.; Adegbola, P.; Pande, S.
- Water resources management 2012 v.26 no.2 pp. 553-579
- food security, etc ; adverse effects; basins; climate change; crop production; crops; drought; fallow; farm income; farmers; farmers' markets; farming systems; issues and policy; leaves; occupations; prices; watersheds; Benin; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Climate change studies for West Africa tend to predict a reduced potential for farming that will affect the food security situation of an already impoverished population. However, these studies largely ignore farmers’ adaptations and market adjustments that mitigate predicted negative effects. The paper attempts to fill some of this gap through a spatially explicit evaluation of the impact of clim ...