Jump to Main Content
- Suzuki, Masahiko; Chozin, M. A.; Iwasaki, Arihiro; Suenaga, Kiyotake; Kato‐Noguchi, Hisashi
- Weed biology and management 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 3-8
- Asystasia gangetica; Echinochloa crus-galli; Lolium; alfalfa; growth retardation; invasive species; leaves; lettuce; perennials; phytotoxicity; roots; shoots; weeds
- ... Chinese violet (Asystasia gangetica (L.) T. Anderson) is a perennial invasive weed belonging to Acanthaceae. Leaves of this weed have been suggested to possess phytotoxic activity. However, phytotoxic substances in this weed have not yet been reported. Therefore, the present study investigated phytotoxic activity of Chinese violet extracts and phytotoxic substances. The extracts of Chinese violet ...
- Tang, Wei; Xie, Yuan; Lu, Yongliang; Chen, Jie
- Weed biology and management 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 19-27
- Glyceria; grass weeds; landscapes; osmotic pressure; perennials; photoperiod; quizalofop; salt stress; seed germination; seedling emergence; seeds; sethoxydim; sodium chloride; soil; sowing; temperature; China
- ... Creeping mannagrass is a perennial grass weed widely distributed in China and is becoming increasingly problematic in nurseries and landscapes in some regions. Understanding the germination ecology and response to commonly available POST herbicides of this weed is critical to determining its adaptive capabilities and potential for infestation, and assist in the development of effective control str ...