Jump to Main Content
- Tang, Wei; Xie, Yuan; Lu, Yongliang; Chen, Jie
- Weed biology and management 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 19-27
- Glyceria; grass weeds; landscapes; osmotic pressure; perennials; photoperiod; quizalofop; salt stress; seed germination; seedling emergence; seeds; sethoxydim; sodium chloride; soil; sowing; temperature; China
- ... Creeping mannagrass is a perennial grass weed widely distributed in China and is becoming increasingly problematic in nurseries and landscapes in some regions. Understanding the germination ecology and response to commonly available POST herbicides of this weed is critical to determining its adaptive capabilities and potential for infestation, and assist in the development of effective control str ...
- Tang, Saichun; Pan, Yumei; Wei, Chunqiang; Li, Xiangqin; Lü, Shihong
- Weed biology and management 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 9-18
- Ageratina adenophora; activated carbon; allelochemicals; charcoal; experimental design; habitats; indigenous species; invasive species; leaf area; microbiome; plant growth; pot culture; seeds; soil; soil fungi; soil treatment; thiophanate-methyl; weeds; China
- ... Crofton weed is a major invasive species in China. It exhibits superior growth characteristics and can outcompete with native species via allolepathic effects and modulation of the soil fungal microbiome. The simple removal of invading plants will not ensure restoration of the habitat due to the persistence of allelochemicals and viable seeds in the surrounding soil. An orthogonal experimental des ...