Jump to Main Content
- Conley, Shawn P.; Binning, Larry K.; Boerboom, Chris M.; Stoltenberg, David E.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.1 pp. 72-78
- Glycine max; Setaria faberi; bioeconomics; biomass; cotyledons; crop yield; developmental stages; fecundity; leaf area; prediction; shoots; soybeans; weed control; weeds
- ... Understanding weed–crop interactions is critical in predicting crop yield loss, but it is also important to understand how these interactions affect weed productivity. Therefore, research was conducted to characterize the weed relative leaf area and weed relative volume of several giant foxtail cohorts in soybean, and to assess weed density and cohort emergence time, weed relative leaf area, and w ...
- Norsworthy, Jason K.; Oliver, Lawrence R.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.1 pp. 34-41
- Glycine max; Sesbania exaltata; buried seeds; developmental stages; field experimentation; glyphosate; hemp; herbicide resistance; planting; seed yield; sowing; soybeans; weed control; weeds; Arkansas
- ... Field experiments were conducted at Fayetteville, AR, in 1997, 1998, and 1999 to evaluate the degree of interspecific interference between drill-seeded, glyphosate-resistant soybean and hemp sesbania as influenced by soybean population, hemp sesbania density, and a single glyphosate application. Soybean was planted at 247,000, 430,000, and 618,000 seed ha⁻⁻¹ with early-season emergence of 217,000, ...