Jump to Main Content
- Hager, Aaron G.; Wax, Loyd M.; Stoller, Edward W.; Bollero, Germáán A.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.5 pp. 607
- Amaranthus; Glycine max; crop-weed competition; plant development; weed control; field experimentation; duration; leaves; seed productivity; Illinois
- ... Common waterhemp has become a problem weed species in Midwest soybean production. Determining the critical interference period after soybean and common waterhemp emergence is necessary for the implementation of weed control practices before soybean seed yield loss occurs. Field experiments were conducted during 1996, 1997, and 1998 to determine the influence of duration of common waterhemp interfe ...
- Mercer, Kristin L.; Jordan, Nicholas R.; Wyse, Donald L.; Shaw, Ruth G.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.5 pp. 677-685
- Avena sativa; Elymus repens subsp. repens; Glycine max; Zea mays; arable soils; control methods; corn; evolution; farming systems; genetic variation; hay; oats; pastures; perennials; principal component analysis; risk; soybeans; weed control; weeds; Minnesota
- ... The genetic variation of quackgrass as a species and the array of environments in which it is found indicate that selection in these different environments could lead to differentiation among quackgrass populations. Yet, a highly diverse environment might not promote the genetic divergence of quackgrass if it poses contradictory selection pressures. To assess the extent of divergence among quackgr ...