Jump to Main Content
- Porterfield, Dunk; Wilcut, John W.; Askew, Shawn D.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.5 pp. 642-647
- Ambrosia artemisiifolia; Cyperus esculentus; Gossypium hirsutum; Ipomoea hederacea; Ipomoea lacunosa; Ipomoea purpurea; MSMA (herbicide); Senna obtusifolia; Sida spinosa; fluometuron; lint cotton; lint yield; management systems; prometryn; pyrithiobac; weed control; weeds; North Carolina
- ... An experiment conducted at five locations in North Carolina during 1998 and 1999 evaluated weed management systems in cotton with CGA-362622 and pyrithiobac. Weed management systems evaluated different combinations with or without fluometuron preemergence (PRE) followed by (fb) CGA-362622 early postemergence (EPOST), postemergence (POST), or EPOST ++ POST; or pyrithiobac EPOST fb prometryn plus MS ...
- Tworkoski, Thomas
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.4 pp. 425
- Taraxacum officinale; Chenopodium album; Ambrosia artemisiifolia; Satureja hortensis; Thymus vulgaris; Cinnamomum verum; Syzygium aromaticum; essential oils; herbicides; mechanism of action; leaves; phytotoxicity; electrolytes; apoptosis; adjuvants; plant fats and oils; species differences
- ... Laboratory and greenhouse experiments were conducted to determine the herbicidal effect of plant-derived oils and to identify the active ingredient in an oil with herbicide activity. Twenty-five different oils were applied to detached leaves of dandelion in the laboratory. Essential oils (1%%, v/v) from red thyme, summer savory, cinnamon, and clove were the most phytotoxic and caused electrolyte l ...