Jump to Main Content
- Hager, Aaron G.; Wax, Loyd M.; Stoller, Edward W.; Bollero, Germáán A.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.5 pp. 607
- Amaranthus; Glycine max; crop-weed competition; plant development; weed control; field experimentation; duration; leaves; seed productivity; Illinois
- ... Common waterhemp has become a problem weed species in Midwest soybean production. Determining the critical interference period after soybean and common waterhemp emergence is necessary for the implementation of weed control practices before soybean seed yield loss occurs. Field experiments were conducted during 1996, 1997, and 1998 to determine the influence of duration of common waterhemp interfe ...
- Eyherabide, Juan J.; Cendoya, Maríía G.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.2 pp. 162-166
- Glycine max; annual weeds; broadleaf weeds; crop-weed competition; developmental stages; furrows; grasses; soybeans; weed control; Argentina
- ... Soybean and annual weed competition studies were conducted over 2 yr in Balcarce, Argentina, to define the critical period of weed control and to compare yield losses in soybean, when weeds competed in the total cropping area (row plus furrow) or only in the furrow. In the first year, broad-leaf weeds were more abundant than annual grasses, but in the second year, grasses were more abundant. Criti ...