Jump to Main Content
- Hager, Aaron G.; Wax, Loyd M.; Stoller, Edward W.; Bollero, Germáán A.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.5 pp. 607
- Amaranthus; Glycine max; crop-weed competition; plant development; weed control; field experimentation; duration; leaves; seed productivity; Illinois
- ... Common waterhemp has become a problem weed species in Midwest soybean production. Determining the critical interference period after soybean and common waterhemp emergence is necessary for the implementation of weed control practices before soybean seed yield loss occurs. Field experiments were conducted during 1996, 1997, and 1998 to determine the influence of duration of common waterhemp interfe ...
- Gronwald, John W.; Plaisance, Kathryn L.; Ide, Donald A.; Wyse, Donald L.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.3 pp. 397
- Cirsium arvense; Glycine max; Pseudomonas syringae pv. tagetis; biological control agents; biological control; field experimentation; chlorophyll; leaves; shoots; application rate; application timing; Minnesota
- ... Growth chamber and field experiments were conducted to assess the potential of Pseudomonas syringae pv. tagetis (Pst) as a biocontrol agent for Canada thistle. Silwet L-77, an organosilicone surfactant, was required to facilitate Pst penetration into Canada thistle leaves. Growth chamber experiments indicated that maximum Pst populations inside leaves were obtained with a Silwet L-77 concentration ...