Jump to Main Content
- Cardina John; Herms Catherine P.; Doohan Douglas J.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.4 pp. 448-460
- no-tillage; Oxalis; Persicaria pensylvanica; Veronica; Capsella bursa-pastoris; hay; Euphorbia maculata; Setaria faberi; Zea mays; Glycine max; seeds; Chenopodium album; corn; species diversity; weeds; crop rotation; plant communities; oats; herbicides; soybeans; growing season; plows; Avena sativa; Amaranthus retroflexus; crops; Ohio; Pennsylvania
- ... We characterized the size and species composition of the weed seedbank after 35 yr of continuous crop rotation and tillage system treatments at two locations in Ohio. Spring seedbanks were monitored during 1997, 1998, and 1999 in continuous corn (CCC), corn––soybean (CS), and corn––oats––hay (COH) rotations in moldboard plow (MP), chisel plow (CP), and no-tillage (NT) plots where the same herbicid ...
- Longchamps Louis; Panneton Bernard; Reich Robin; Simard Marie-Josée; Leroux Gilles D.
- Weed science 2016 v.64 no.3 pp. 474-485
- Acalypha; Amaranthus retroflexus; Ambrosia artemisiifolia; Capsella bursa-pastoris; Chenopodium album; Chrysanthemum; Leucanthemum vulgare; Liliopsida; Persicaria maculosa; Plantago major; Taraxacum officinale; Trifolium repens; Vicia cracca subsp. cracca; annual weeds; corn; herbicides; pesticide application; postemergent weed control
- ... Weeds are often spatially aggregated in maize fields, and the level of aggregation varies across and within fields. Several annual weed species are present in maize fields before postemergence herbicide application, and herbicides applied will control several species at a time. The goal of this study was to assess the spatial distribution of multispecies weed infestation in maize fields. Ground-ba ...