Jump to Main Content
- Sosnoskie, Lynn M.; Herms, Catherine P.; Cardina, John
- Weed science 2006 v.54 no.2 pp. 263-273
- Avena sativa; Glycine max; Medicago sativa; Zea mays; alfalfa; alternative crops; community structure; corn; cropping sequence; discriminant analysis; disturbed soils; hay; management systems; minimum tillage; multivariate analysis; no-tillage; oats; seeds; soybeans; species diversity; weeds; Ohio
- ... Knowledge about how the type, timing, and arrangement of cultural practices influence weed species composition is important for understanding the ecological results of control strategies and designing alternative crop management systems. We evaluated weed seed density, diversity, and community composition from 1997 to 1999 in a 35-yr-old study comparing cropping sequences (continuous corn, corn–so ...
- Cardina, John; Herms, Catherine P.; Doohan, Douglas J.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.4 pp. 448-460
- no-tillage; Oxalis; Persicaria pensylvanica; Veronica; Capsella bursa-pastoris; hay; Euphorbia maculata; Setaria faberi; Zea mays; Glycine max; seeds; Chenopodium album; corn; species diversity; weeds; crop rotation; plant communities; oats; herbicides; soybeans; growing season; plows; Avena sativa; Amaranthus retroflexus; crops; Ohio; Pennsylvania
- ... We characterized the size and species composition of the weed seedbank after 35 yr of continuous crop rotation and tillage system treatments at two locations in Ohio. Spring seedbanks were monitored during 1997, 1998, and 1999 in continuous corn (CCC), corn––soybean (CS), and corn––oats––hay (COH) rotations in moldboard plow (MP), chisel plow (CP), and no-tillage (NT) plots where the same herbicid ...