Main content area
You searched for: Journal Weed science Remove constraint Journal: Weed science Subject Ohio Remove constraint Subject: Ohio Subject Chenopodium album Remove constraint Subject: Chenopodium album Text Availability Citation in PubAg Remove constraint Text Availability: Citation in PubAg
2 Search Results
- Felix, Joel; Ivany, Jerry; Kegode, George O.; Doohan, Doug
- Weed science 2009 v.57 no.1 pp. 87-93
- application timing; Solanum ptycanthum; Solanum tuberosum; metribuzin; broadleaf weeds; plant density; tubers; crop yield; potatoes; weed control; metolachlor; temporal variation; simulation models; indicator species; Chenopodium album; seedling emergence; crop-weed competition; prediction; decision support systems; tillage; Ohio; Prince Edward Island; North Dakota
- ... A weed emergence prediction model, WeedCast, was used as a decision aid to schedule potato cultivation with and without herbicides at Wooster, OH, USA; Charlottetown, PE, Canada; and Fargo, ND, USA, from 2001 to 2003. Studies were laid out in a split-plot design with herbicides (±±) forming the main plots and cultivation timing as subplots. Cultivation was done at 15, 30, or 60%% of predicted weed ...
- Cardina, John; Herms, Catherine P.; Doohan, Douglas J.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.4 pp. 448-460
- no-tillage; Oxalis; Persicaria pensylvanica; Veronica; Capsella bursa-pastoris; hay; Euphorbia maculata; Setaria faberi; Zea mays; Glycine max; seeds; Chenopodium album; corn; species diversity; weeds; crop rotation; plant communities; oats; herbicides; soybeans; growing season; plows; Avena sativa; Amaranthus retroflexus; crops; Ohio; Pennsylvania
- ... We characterized the size and species composition of the weed seedbank after 35 yr of continuous crop rotation and tillage system treatments at two locations in Ohio. Spring seedbanks were monitored during 1997, 1998, and 1999 in continuous corn (CCC), corn––soybean (CS), and corn––oats––hay (COH) rotations in moldboard plow (MP), chisel plow (CP), and no-tillage (NT) plots where the same herbicid ...