Jump to Main Content
- Clemann, Nick; Scroggie, Michael P.; Smith, Michael J.; Peterson, Garry N. L.; Hunter, David
- Wildlife research 2013 v.40 no.5 pp. 385-392
- canopy; drought; environmental factors; frogs; grasses; habitat conservation; lentic systems; lotic systems; managers; models; planning; probability; refuge habitats; salinity; surface water; surveys; vegetation cover; water quality; Australia
- ... Context Because they are dependent on water, drought can have a deleterious impact on aquatic-breeding amphibians. One such species, the threatened growling grass frog (Litoria raniformis) occurs in south-eastern Australia, a region that has recently emerged from a decade-long, severe drought. Aims We aimed to identify features of drought refugia that facilitate persistence of L. raniformis, so as ...
- Dostine, P. L.; Reynolds, S. J.; Griffiths, A. D.; Gillespie, G. R.
- Wildlife research 2013 v.40 no.5 pp. 393-402
- air temperature; environmental factors; frogs; monitoring; rain; surveys; tropics; water temperature; wet season; Australia
- ... Context Failure to acknowledge potential bias from imperfect detection of cryptic organisms such as frogs may compromise survey and monitoring programmes targeting these species. Aims The aims of the present study were to identify proximate factors influencing detection probabilities of a range of frog species in monsoonal northern Australia, and to estimate the number of repeat censuses required ...