Jump to Main Content
- Dostine, P. L.; Reynolds, S. J.; Griffiths, A. D.; Gillespie, G. R.
- Wildlife research 2013 v.40 no.5 pp. 393-402
- air temperature; environmental factors; frogs; monitoring; rain; surveys; tropics; water temperature; wet season; Australia
- ... Context Failure to acknowledge potential bias from imperfect detection of cryptic organisms such as frogs may compromise survey and monitoring programmes targeting these species. Aims The aims of the present study were to identify proximate factors influencing detection probabilities of a range of frog species in monsoonal northern Australia, and to estimate the number of repeat censuses required ...
- Whytlaw, Poppy A.; Edwards, Will; Congdon, Bradley C.
- Wildlife research 2013 v.40 no.5 pp. 377-384
- Sus scrofa; monitoring; mortality; nesting; nests; olives; predation; predators; sea turtles; space and time; swine; threatened species; Australia
- ... Context The west coast of the Cape York Peninsula (CYP) is a major nesting ground for three species of threatened marine turtle, namely, the flatback (Natator depressus), olive ridley (Lepidochelys olivacea) and hawksbill (Eretemochelys imbricata). Marine turtle nests in this area experience high rates of depredation and unpublished data from numerous studies have suggested that feral pigs are res ...