Jump to Main Content
- Whytlaw, Poppy A.; Edwards, Will; Congdon, Bradley C.
- Wildlife research 2013 v.40 no.5 pp. 377-384
- Sus scrofa; monitoring; mortality; nesting; nests; olives; predation; predators; sea turtles; space and time; swine; threatened species; Australia
- ... Context The west coast of the Cape York Peninsula (CYP) is a major nesting ground for three species of threatened marine turtle, namely, the flatback (Natator depressus), olive ridley (Lepidochelys olivacea) and hawksbill (Eretemochelys imbricata). Marine turtle nests in this area experience high rates of depredation and unpublished data from numerous studies have suggested that feral pigs are res ...
- Isaac, Bronwyn; White, John; Ierodiaconou, Daniel; Cooke, Raylene
- Wildlife research 2013 v.40 no.5 pp. 427-436
- Strigiformes; biodiversity; ecosystems; forests; habitats; landscapes; models; predators; rivers; trees; urbanization
- ... Context Urbanisation is one of the most damaging landscape-scale disturbance processes leading to significant and potentially irreversible changes in biodiversity. How apex predators respond to urbanisation is poorly understood, largely because of their low density and low detectability. Given the important functional roles of apex predators in ecosystems, it is critical that research investigates ...